Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Slow start up

Tom
Copper Contributor

Slow start up

Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 is extrelmely slow to start up (10 minutes plus) and says "(Not Responding).  It will eventually load.  I have done database maintenance to no avail and have ran actdiag.  I have also disassociated outlook which also doesn't help.  Is there a suggested sloution?

Tom

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Slow start up

Go to tools | preferences | startup tab and make sure your startup view is not Welcome.

That should help.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Tom
Copper Contributor

The start up is set to Contacts.  There are a lot of messages on the web about this problem.  Foe several months it started up at a reasonable pace, but is now virtually unuseable.  Need help.

Hi Tom, did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem as you, ACT 2010 .

Its annoying to be sure. Once its up (takes 15 to 20 minutes) its fine.

I've re-installed, after clean manual uninstall .

Outlook is fine. Set to Contacts on startup (not Welcome screen)

Anyway, hope you got it resolved, I haven't.

Best- Matthew

Tom
Copper Contributor

I didn't figure it out, but a newly built computer with win 7 pro 64 bit, an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO MOBO, OCZ 240 gb vertex 3 SSD haddrive, 8 gig of the fastest ddr 3 on the market, and an overclodked I7 2600K processor did help a lot.  :-).  With outlook association disabled It now loads in approx 11 seconds.  A Cray supercomputer would be even better.