Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Size of Checkbox Field Drop Downs

Copper Contributor

Size of Checkbox Field Drop Downs

I'm trying to understand why for fields that are Yes/No Checkboxes with several options users can choose from, some of them will list 5 or 6 items in the drop down, and other fields will only show 2 items in the drop down forcing me to use a scroll bar.  

For example, I have two fields both of which contain multi-select checkbox items.  One of them has 5 items to choose from, the other has 3.  The field where it has 5 to choose from shows all 5 options when I click the down arrow in the field box to show me my options.  The other field, which only has 3 options, shows me just the first two options and the 3rd is hidden until I use the scroll bar.  This is silly since the drop down window showing the two items is so small making the scroll bar non-intuitive to use.

I'm using IE11.  I have not tested whether this is the case in Chrome.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Size of Checkbox Field Drop Downs

I suggest try with Google Chrome.

The Internet Explorer version on Windows 10 is 11.0.9841  and  Act! Pr​emium v1​8 System Requirements Says  

Supported Browsers 

• Internet Explorer® 11.0.1
  • Chrome™ Browser

Additionally do not forget to periodically backup your database - and keep in a safe place the administrator password.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Re: Size of Checkbox Field Drop Downs

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a good question and I'm not sure why this is happening. I agree it could certainly be improved.
I have replicated the issue and submitted it as a defect for investigation by our Product Management team. I'll let you know what I hear back.

BTW, this also occurs in Chrome.