Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Single Database, Multiple emails - Outlook Sync

Tuned Listener

Single Database, Multiple emails - Outlook Sync

While creating a new Database, I found out that I am kind of unable to have a single outlook profile (albeit with multiple emails) are unable to sync between two databases.  It started me thinking about another project that I need to work on with Sage ACT 2012 Premium.

Single database, 4 users (currently).  Two are on the same LAN, two will be syncing from the internet.  Will the Sage ACT Sync w/Outlook option be able to properly sync the emails in the history for a contact if all four people involved have spoken to the same person?  Or will it be limited to a single person per email?

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Single Database, Multiple emails - Outlook Sync

This will depend on your definition of 'properly sync the emails'...
If each of the 4 users send an email to a particular contact, then all 4 of the emails will be attached to the contact. If each of the users copies the other users, then the email will also attach to the other user's records.

If 4 users receive the same email in Outlook, and they all attach it to the contact, then the email will appear 4 times in the history.

If that doesn't help, can you provide more details about the situation for which you are concerned?
Greg Martin
Sage