Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Silent Installation Issues

Silent Installation Issues

Hello all.  I'm trying to put a silent installation package together by following the directions on this link: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28151/kw/Silent%20Installation%20of%20Sage%...

I have previously installed both prerequisites: .NET 3.5 & Windows Installer 4.5 and I'm able to create the response file without issues; however, when I execute the command to install, referring back to my response file, I am still being presented with the Installation Requirements dialog box.  When I look at my installation log, I see that I'm receiving a -3 error which indicates a problem with my setup.iss.

I've also tried to just execute the setup.exe with this command: setup.exe /S /V /QN    but that command, which I got by typing setup.exe /? in a cmd window, doesn't work either (And yes, I know that doesn't use the response file).

I've looked through the product forums and online and I've seen that others have had the same issue but there hasn't been any clear direction as to a fix.  I've looked at my setup.iss to try to find the type mis-match but nothing stands out to me there either.

Any help is appreciated.