Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Show all contacts in Notes/History report

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Show all contacts in Notes/History report

Our sales team works from a long list and reviews each contact weekly, irrespective if there was any interaction with the prospect or not. The Notes/History report is suited for their needs but only includes contacts with new notes or history entries for the specified date range.

How can I also include contacts without any interaction (i.e. notes or history entries) so that the full long list shows up?

Thanks for your support

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sascha Zeitz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Show all contacts in Notes/History report

That  property shows up in the properties panel for several sections. The importannt one to change is the one for the detail section.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

You could try running the contact report to see if you like that.  You can then modify the template to only include the contact fields you want to see.  That contact report will give you all contacts in your database or current lookup.  You can also filter the notes/histories/activities/opportunites as well.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

You need to modify the Notes History report detail section properties. Change the Ommit if empty subreport property to No. that way the contact record witll print even if there isn't any notes or history entries.

You can also use the Lookup | Contact Activity to create a lookup of those contacts without notes or history entries.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks, Roy.

When following your suggestions, I encountered two more problems:

• If I re-open the report which I saved after setting HideOnEmpty to No HideOnEmpty is Yes again.
  • Same thing applies if I set HideOnEmpty to No, save the report and run it without closing it first. HideOnEmpty as shown on the screen is still on No but the preview only shows contacts with new notes / history entries.

Can you help (again)?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Sascha Zeitz
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

That  property shows up in the properties panel for several sections. The importannt one to change is the one for the detail section.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello I am using ACT 2011 Premium and have encountered the exact same problem when editing the Contact Report, the hideonempty box for notes keeps changing back to yes and will not save for no.  I tested this by editing the opportunities by contact report and it did save hideonempty as no.  Please help, I'm trying to fix the issue of notes not printing, which is essential for our company's use of this software.

You're trying to make the change in the wrong place.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Where should I be making the change?  I need the notes that are entered today to print and there are some instances where it will and others where they will not.  There is no rhyme or reason for this.

Our I.T. guy just created a new report from scratch, it's working now but thanks anyway for the help.