Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Show Preview Checkbox Not Working As Designed, V18 Web

Copper Contributor

Show Preview Checkbox Not Working As Designed, V18 Web

I mentioned this in another thread but I think its worthy of mentioning as a separate item, particularly given how much people may rely on this feature.  I have the checkbox to "Show Preview" in all my notes and activity history set to ON.  However, when doing a contact lookup or finding a contact I want to work with, the show preview although checked shows no data or information, it's completely greyed out.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason with this.

It occurs in both IE and Chrome (most recent versions of both), and I'm working on a Windows 10 machine.  Sometimes if I click to another screen in Act and go back to the contact, I then see the contents in the show preview column but it's really hit and miss.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Show Preview Checkbox Not Working As Designed, V18 Web

Hi Jag,

I'm not able to reproduce this personally. Tested on Windows 7 & 10 with Act v18 HF5, IE and Chrome.

Can you take a screenshot where you're seeing the 'Show Preview' checkbox greyed out?

Does the issue also occur for you on this demo server?

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

I should clarify, it's not the checkbox itself that is greyed out, it's the contents in that column that are blank and greyed out.  Even though I have the checkbox enabled, nothing shows up in the column to preview the contents of an activity history entry.  Here's a screenshot below.  Interestingly, when I first login, it defaults to my contact record and I'm able to select any activity history entry and the preview column works great, but as soon as I search for a contact and this contact's details are displayed, switching between the various history entries does not populate this preview column:

screenshot.JPG

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

I believe I found what the problem is. If you search for a contact that has a unique name within your database so that this contact's data automatically populates on the right, this is when the show preview column fails to work properly.

However, let's say you have two contacts with the last name "Jagstyles" and you do a contact search for "Jagstyles", on the right it'll show you both contact links/records where you can click on the one you want to view. When you enter a contact record this way, the Show Preview column works perfectly fine.

it seems the blank area shown in the screenshot is only an issue when Act enters directly into a Contact Record from a name search.
Administrator

Thanks for the detailed info Jag.
I've been able to reproduce this from the steps you've outlined. Submitted the issue to the Product Management team for review.
I'll update this thread when I have more info.
Administrator

Logged as Defect D-04163
Copper Contributor

Just posted a new thread with similar refresh issues, this time related to the listing of company/household members when clicking from one company to another. There's a pretty broad issue going on with refreshing of content on the web platform. Making it impossible to really use effectively.