Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Share Web Premium Account

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Share Web Premium Account

I was wondering... From time to time, only when I'm on vacation, I want someone to have access to my database.  Is there anything preventing me from providing my username and login credentials so an assistant can login to view my contacts while I'm away?  Are there any issues with simultaneous connections to the web database e.g: While on holidays, I'm logged in from remote on the web and the person covering off my vacation is logged in at the same time - will it boot one of us off??

I really don't want to have to get another subscription just to provide another person temporary access to my database for holiday coverage. 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎02-05-2016 04:35 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Share Web Premium Account

If you are the only user you will also have admin rights in ACT so the person you give access to could inadvertently make your database a disaster area.

Licencing is per user so strictly speaking you would also be breaking the terms of the ACT licence agreement or at least bending them to a place where it may be better not to go. Once 2 of you are logged in at the same time you  would defiantly be breaking the licence terms!

With the last 2 releases V17 & 18 you can add a browse only user without it taking up a licence and this may be the best way forward if you have this version of ACT.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

You could certainly provide an assistant with your credentials; just realize that any work they do will be in your name and not theirs. 

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎02-05-2016 04:35 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are the only user you will also have admin rights in ACT so the person you give access to could inadvertently make your database a disaster area.

Licencing is per user so strictly speaking you would also be breaking the terms of the ACT licence agreement or at least bending them to a place where it may be better not to go. Once 2 of you are logged in at the same time you  would defiantly be breaking the licence terms!

With the last 2 releases V17 & 18 you can add a browse only user without it taking up a licence and this may be the best way forward if you have this version of ACT.

Copper Contributor

That's great, the browsing only access feature is perfect. Again it's only for when I'm away so someone has access to contacts should they call etc.

Thanks!