Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Share Act2006 Database over LAN Network

Share Act2006 Database over LAN Network

i have just set up a new computer to host my previously shared database and now cannot access my shared database over the network.  i get the "database could not be accessed... check network connection and verify that database server is available..." error message.  i have tried the solutions listed in the act knowledge base and still cannot get access to the database over the network.  one thing that looks different to me when comparing the old successfully shared database to the new one is that i don't see the listing of database files.

this what i did: i restored the previously saved database onto the new computer into the c:\actshare\database folder.  i made sure all folders were shared and that the database is shared.  i copied the .pad file onto the desktop of the workstation where i want to access the database and i get the error message.

can someone please help me?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Share Act2006 Database over LAN Network

Did you use the ACT! Backup and Restore?
When you restored, did you use Restore As?

Open the PAD file in Notepad and post the contents

I have just upgraded from ACT6 and am getting the same error about sharing. None of the ACT help is seemed to work. Can you help me?

Regards

Lee
Platinum Elite Contributor

ltedstone wrote:
I have just upgraded from ACT6 and am getting the same error about sharing. None of the ACT help is seemed to work. Can you help me?

You probab;y should have created a new thread for this, ant anyway...
Is the error message you're getting the one described in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2277xt

If so, try each of the solutions it recommends. If it's a different error, please post the exact error message