Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setup Pipe Command: Cannot access a closed pipe/ Incoming mail not attaching

Copper Super Contributor

Setup Pipe Command: Cannot access a closed pipe/ Incoming mail not attaching

Hi,

I am running Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5 connected to Outlook 365.

when i set up up the synchronization between and ACT and Outlook I get the error message " Setup Pipe Command: Cannot access a closed pipe" see below.

I close the dialog box then asked to run a sync which it does successfully.

However in normal day to day activity  incoming mails are not attaching to the ACT contact and the Scheduled Syncs are no running.

Outgoing mails are attaching and Quick Attach is functioning.

Any ideas?

Capture today.JPGerroer message

Administrator

Re: Setup Pipe Command: Cannot access a closed pipe/ Incoming mail not attaching

Hi Pgreening,

This error message isn't something we commonly see - I can reccommend a few generic steps that might help, but I'd recommend calling tech support for this one.

If that's not convenient, try running an Office repair from Programs and Features > Right Click your install of Office > Modify/Change > Quick Repair.

Also make sure that both Office and Act! are set to run at the same privilege level (either both are run as admin, or neither are). Lastly, you could always try reinstalling Act!
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Setup Pipe Command: Cannot access a closed pipe/ Incoming mail not attaching

Thanks Jon tried your suggestions but no luck.

any other ideas?

Cheers

Paul

Highlighted
Administrator

Is the version of Office you have installed 32 or 64 bit?

You can find the full build information for Office in Outlook under File > Office Account > About Outlook
Copper Super Contributor

have office Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.9330.2073) 32 bit.

Let me know if you need additional information? 

Administrator

Hi pgreening,

We do have a KB that suggests running the Act.Integration.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 8:

Steps below:
http://kb.internal.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39041/
Copper Super Contributor

thanks for this but dont seem to have access to the document

Nickel Contributor

Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I don't understand is this:

The problem refers to v20.1 AND AFAIK it does no longer use the act.integration.exe, it now uses ispa.exe.

Why should one then fiddle around with the old integration tool instead of simply killing it from the system?

The consecutive question would be: WHY in heck is the old exe still part of the v20.1 installation/setup!?

This is bothering me since quite some time, as I always have to disable the old integration on every client I install with v20.1 manually!

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks Chris for access to the document. 

Result:

I set the ACT integration exe to Windows * comparability and it did get rid of the "Closed Pipe"  message.

However the Toolbar Command while displaying in Outlook does nothing when i try quick attach etc or any other function.

So some progress but gone backwards at the same time..