Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setup Email problem 64 bit / Office 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Setup Email problem 64 bit / Office 2010

I'm trying to configure Premium 11 a new PC.  This has Windows 7 64 bit and the latest Outlook 2010.  When I go to preferences / Email / setup, I only have Internet Email as an option and not Outlook.  On all our other systems (Windows 7 32 bit Outlook 2007) it is there as an option.  I have tried re-installing Act but get the same.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ralphw
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Setup Email problem 64 bit / Office 2010

Glad to hear it is working!

To record history - use the last section of the article 'Adding Act! Address Book to Outlook 2010'.  With the address book in place you will see the Act! add-in icons (in Outlook) and it will attach history when you send emails.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Act! 2009 (v11) is not compatible with Office 2010 (Outlook 2010). 

There is a work-around for getting your version of Act! to integrate with Outlook (32 bit only).  For instructions, visit this article:

KB Article 26713

Greg Martin
Sage

Ours is version 11 (2009) and not 2010.  However I have tried this and can see no changes to the Email screen.  I tried the US file and renamed it UK (which is the profile we are using).  I have a UKpreference206.xml and a straight preference206.xml.  I have tried replacing both but again no change.

Act was stopped and restarted a couple of times, but still no change, the wizzard still shows just the Internet mail.  I would have hoped that with 2009 and 2010 using what must be similar xml files this would have worked??

Even after replacing the file, you will not see Outlook listed in the email setup.  You will put the preferences file in place, start Act!, then test creating an email.  At this point you cannot change the settings in the email setup screens, they will cause the integration to be broken. 

Even though the article specifically lists Act! 2010, there was a community member who posted that they were able to integrate with Act! 2009.

Greg Martin
Sage

Ah.. I can now send an Email from within Act. Thank you for that.

The next problem however is that this isn't added as a record in history.  I assume this is because this still doesn't enable the Outlook Attach? I have tried sending from within Act and to an Act contact from Outlook.  Is there a method to enable this as well.

Thanks again

Solution
Accepted by topic author ralphw
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Glad to hear it is working!

To record history - use the last section of the article 'Adding Act! Address Book to Outlook 2010'.  With the address book in place you will see the Act! add-in icons (in Outlook) and it will attach history when you send emails.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your help. I was being a bit slow and didn't notice the last part!

All sorted and I have a happy user.