Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting customized layouts as default

Setting customized layouts as default

Hi All,

We are currently using ACT Premium 2008. I customized the Contact and Company layout to fit our needs.

When I open ACT, I see the customized layouts by default. My colleagues don't, they always have to manually change the layout to our Customized ones.

Furthermore my colleagues often encounter blank page problems with the customiued layout, thing I never come accros.  

Can some tell me where I can change the default layout on startup? and any tips aobut the blank page problem?

Thanks a lot for the help

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting customized layouts as default

Does the same thing happen if you open the demo database on their system, change the layout, close and re-open?

It could be a corrupt preferences file, which can be fixed as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3vxldh

Or, possibly a weird graphics board. Try turning off Hardware Video Acceleration in Windows or see if there's a later driver from the video manufacturer's site

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. Just a quick one, when I open the demo database, it needs to update to newer version of ACT. Is that ok?

Thanks

Mark

Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks for your time, my IT team did some playing arround and the problem now seems to be solved. Thanks