Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting alarms defining fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Setting alarms defining fields

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me. Basically I managed to set up an alarm when a sale is made. When  the alarm appears it displays the alternative mobile number not the current mobile number. Is there a way of changing the field it displays? Hopefully this makes sense!

Thanks in advanced!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting alarms defining fields

The alarm display will show whatever is in the ACT! default Phone field (called "Phone"). So whatever number you want to display in the alarm needs to be in that field (in your case the alternative number is currently in that field). There is not a way to change this setting.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello tbells,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Is this an activity alarm or some type of field trigger? Are you using any type of add-on product?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the very late reply I didn't notice anyone replied. I think it is an activity alarm. Basically the alternative number field is called Phone, this is the number that is displayed in the alarm. A new field called consumer mobile was created but this number doesn't seem to display in the alarm. I have noticed that the settings behind the phone field is linked to businesses  and the consumer mobile field isn't linked to anything would this be the problem? I hope this makes sense it's all very confusing.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The alarm display will show whatever is in the ACT! default Phone field (called "Phone"). So whatever number you want to display in the alarm needs to be in that field (in your case the alternative number is currently in that field). There is not a way to change this setting.

Greig Hollister

Hi Greig,

Just to let you know I swapped the fields around and now I am using the phone field as the main contact number field and all is now working fine!

Thanks for your help. Topic solved.

Tbells

Great to hear!

Greig Hollister