Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Setting SQL to full recovery model for ACT! Premium 2009

Setting SQL to full recovery model for ACT! Premium 2009

Hi all,

We recently bought a Barracuda backup server and keep getting warnings about our ACT SQL database being set to simple recovery model. I would like to change this to full recovery model, but do not know the account I can use. I have tried logging in with SQL Server Management Studio using the an administrator account from ACT, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Setting SQL to full recovery model for ACT! Premium 2009

The only reason you would need "Full" is if you want to backup the t-logs periodically for point in time recovery.

I've never tried to change the recovery mode and not sure what effect that might have with ACT!.

Usually the best solution is to have you backup system ignore the ACT! SQL. Then have ACT! backup the db to Zip (automated via Scheduler) and have the backup program just store that.
Copper Contributor

Re: Setting SQL to full recovery model for ACT! Premium 2009

So how does one change this setting?  We have 10 other databases on our server already in FULL Recovery mode and after a restore of one of them it is showing as SIMPLE Recovery in ACTDIAG.  I want it changed back to to match the others.  Where is this setting changed?