Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Set Record Manager to either blank or unasigned

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Set Record Manager to either blank or unasigned

We ahve Sage Act! 2010 Premium weith multiple users.  We would like to have numerous records not associated to a specific user.  When trying to change the 'Record manager', we can only select one of the existing users, is there anyway to have the field blank or set to 'Unasigned'?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Berkleybowen
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Set Record Manager to either blank or unasigned

A suggestion would be to create a new user called "Unassigned". The logged in user will have to manually change the record manager to this "user" for every contact or record created where they want it to be unsassigned (as it will default to the logged in user). You can also change the record manager of multiple contacts to this Unassigned user by doing a lookup of the contacts you want unassigned, then going to Edit/Replace Field and replacing the contents of the Record Manager field. This new "user" will not require an additional license as long as no one tries to log in as that user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

The answer is No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author Berkleybowen
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

A suggestion would be to create a new user called "Unassigned". The logged in user will have to manually change the record manager to this "user" for every contact or record created where they want it to be unsassigned (as it will default to the logged in user). You can also change the record manager of multiple contacts to this Unassigned user by doing a lookup of the contacts you want unassigned, then going to Edit/Replace Field and replacing the contents of the Record Manager field. This new "user" will not require an additional license as long as no one tries to log in as that user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I stumbled upon this thread but I have a different issue --

I have a new user and all of the contacts she creates come up blank in the record creator field.  How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Nickel Super Contributor

Have the new user login and go to LOOKUP > My Record.  Is there a contact name typed in there?  If not, type that users name in there and see if that fixes it.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com