Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Set Field Trigger and ADT template question

Copper Contributor

Set Field Trigger and ADT template question

Hi,

My Current process:-

I have a filed called Invoice number – once I update this field with a new Invoice number I then select Write and then Crate Invoice which is basically a template file. This opens a word doc with the customer details and my invoice template with all the customer details filled in.

Proposed process:-

What I would like it to do its once I enter the latest invoice number into the invoice field it then automatically opens up my standard invoice with the customer details and invoice number etc.

I tried using the Set Field Trigger to open the invoice doc - which it does, but it  only displays the variable names and not the actual customer details. I’m assuming that some form of mail merge needs to take place to pick up the customer detains in the same was when you select Write and then Letter etc.

Is it possible to do what I am trying to do or is it outside the functionality  of ACT Pro 2011?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Siggi

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Set Field Trigger and ADT template question

As you have found, with the field trigger set to open a template - it will open it in Edit mode, not in the merged mode.  Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to open a template from a field trigger and have it populate (merge data).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi Greg and thanks for the feedback.. I thought that might be the case.. O well - it was worth asking the question just in case there was a way to do this..

Siggi

Copper Contributor

look into exponenciel excel quote / invoice maker.... it creates the number and doc at the same time... I think he even has a button to insert into your layout to do it from.... it works awesome

Copper Contributor

Hi and thanks for the info.. I'll have a look at that option.. It's a pity ACT! does not support this sort of facility.. 

Siggi