Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Server error related to importing?

Server error related to importing?

In a database of 30k, I had a situation where someone was accused of "flooding the data base with entries from different lists, so the whole database becomes unstable and slow ." The lists are from text delimited files and are 100-1000 contacts large with minimal contact info. We had a day where ACT was running extremely slow and a message appeared on one employee's computer that read as follow's "The RCP server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)" My question is, would importing text delimited files provoke such a series of events?

Re: Server error related to importing?

I don't think the imports had anything to do with the error.  After doing large imports, you should reindex the database by going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.  This will improve the performance of the database.  What was the user doing to receive the RPC error?

Re: Server error related to importing?

The employee was doing something with her opportunities. The screen shot I received from the employee had some customer quotes. I figured that the error wasnt because of the imports but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!