Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sending a fillable e-mail for response

Sending a fillable e-mail for response

I'm new to this so I will try to explain what I am looking to see if ACT or an add-on program can do.  

I have a number of contacts that are separated into many different groups, many in multiple groups.  Each of these contacts is doing a task for each group on a monthly basis.  We need a verification tool that gives the individual contact a way to confirm they did said task.

Is there a way to create an email template that we could then send to each contact that would list their specific groups and have a click-box that they could click to indicated the task was completed?  Maybe with a form-box for comments if it was not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Sending a fillable e-mail for response

Contacts should be database users to confirm that the task is in progress or was done.

Good luck and remember to frequently back up your database

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Maybe I should add that the contacts are multiple third parties that do not have access to the database.  May make this situation a little more difficult.  

Administrator

It's worth noting that, it's not possible to send emails that contain form elements like check boxes or text fields, as email is not designed to handle returning data like this.

You'd likely need some custom development from an ACC to integrate Act into an externally accessible task tracking system.

That makes sense on the e-mail side.  The e-mail could have 2 click-through buttons, one for all actions completed, the other for not completed, correct?  Could that click then be tracked in ACT?

Administrator

Technically yes, but would require some custom development with the SDK or API. It's not possible out of the box.