Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Send Invite for an activity in ACT - Remote Database

Copper Contributor

Send Invite for an activity in ACT - Remote Database

I have a remote database with a Standard user.  In the Activities - when I send an email to invite the contact in ACT to the activity - the option is greyed out.  If I sign in on the main database the option is available.  Is this an issue with the remote database.  By the way, if I promote the user to a Manager, the email option is available. 
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Send Invite for an activity in ACT - Remote Database

Hello Kay,

What version and build of ACT! is this happening on? Does it happen with other Standard users as well? Does the remote user (when Standard) have "Remote Administration" permissions?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Build is:  ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367.  The user does have remote rights.  I am trying to check other remote dbs to see if this is an issue for them as well. If I promote the user to a manager the right is granted.  If I log into the main database as a standard user the right is granted.
Kay Hughes
Act Certified Consultant

I tested in 11.0 and was unable to reproduce.  Is this happening on the same contact/activity when you change user's security level?  Is it happening on all the activities?