Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Self-Signed Certificate on Windows 10

Self-Signed Certificate on Windows 10

Self-Signed Certificate on Windows 10 for develop and test purpose.

Can we setup a self-signed Act! WEB with API support on Windows 10 IIS 10 for concept prove and test purpose.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Self-Signed Certificate on Windows 10

Hi QwikQuoteDevTest,

If you are only using the Act! web API for local testing purposes, and not connecting to any third-party external resources, then a self-signed certificate can be used. You should use one signed by a trusted authority for production environments.

For general information about using SSL with Act! Premium  Web, and the web API, please refer to the Web Administrator's guide.

Note: Swiftpage does not provide support for SSL configuration. For specific questions and assistance in configuring SSL, please consult your IIS documentation.

I have tested on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012, both cannot get the Bearer Token.

Both are new OS with only APFW install and configured.  Chris Huffman working OK.

Both cannot get the Bearer Token, and in the screenshot shows.

Do you encounter similar case and what should I check?

If you prefer, I can set them for you to remotely check what might be the problem.

QwikQuote integrated for desktop ACT since ACT 2.0.  We are looking if we can integrate with APFW with our own web services on the users ACT web server before.  We want to try with ACT.Web.API. 

Administrator

The error message indicates you do not have a subscription licence. I have checked your account and can see that you do have an active subscription.

Please can you have a look in Act! under Help > Register Act. what is the serial number type showing as here?
What version of Act! do you have installed?
What API version are you running? Check http://server/Act.Web.Api/api/version/api/system

Both ACT Premium Web and Web.API are installed from downloaded Act!_Premium_Web_v19sp1x10.

Yes, we do not have a subscription licence. 

However, we just test it within 30 grace period.

And the ACT Cloud API works with the 15 grace days.

Why user own hosted ACT Premium Web API does not hold for 30 grace period days? 

Administrator

I understand your situation a little better now.

The Act! Premium Cloud trial is a 14 day trial that includes permissions for API access.
The desktop Act! Premium for Web trial is a 30 day trial that does not include API permissions, due to the lack of a subscription serial number being present during the trial. If access to this is necessary for your trial, I'd suggest giving our customer service team a call and explaining your situation to them. They may be able to offer you a solution.