Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sectioned Database & Campaigns

Sectioned Database & Campaigns

[ Edited ]

I've read through various FAQ's and tutorials and haven't really found the best way to go about setting up ACT the way that will work best for me so I figured I would reach out to the community in hope that someone may be able to help or at least point me in the right direction.

I am trying to set the database up in a way that I can have one large list of every business in my state. Out of these I will need to be able to organize them by industry (trucking, printing, software etc.). For this part I am not sure if it is best to have one database per industry or to have a single large database that simply has a field that I can later sort.

After the database is set up I'd like to create an automated campaign that pulls in information from the database I select. For instance I might have a week where I need to call every printing and packaging company in a specific city. I would ideally like this to update the call campaign and mark the record so I can either keep calling until I make contact or have it pulled out of my call campaign after I have spoken to the decision maker.

I really have no clue what the best way to go about this would be so I really would appreciate any help or direction.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sectioned Database & Campaigns

I'd use a field to indicate which industry they are in, and likely, more than one field.

Keep it all in one database.

Most importantly, find yourself an ACC (ACT! Certified Consultant) to work with to get this setup properly, they'll be able to show you how to work with it, to have it do the hard work for you.

Ben.