Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Secondary Contacts in Remote Databases Missing

Secondary Contacts in Remote Databases Missing

[ Edited ]

We installed 2013 during the summer and we did not notice till now that all the remote databases made since then have no secondary contacts.  

I have installed SP1, ran the GroupStaticMemberFix bat files per sages supports recommendation and nothing has fixed the problem.

The issues are occurring with all three of my existing databases and with any new databases I've created.  I just created two new ones today with the same issue.

I even uninstalled the entire program from the server and reinstalled and the problem persist.

I found a reference that says the SQL views could be missing, but there is not explanation of how to determine if this is the case or how to fix it.

Act support has told me to send all of my databases to their Database repair department.  This can be the solution since even new databases with only three contacts in it can't create a good remote database.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Secondary Contacts in Remote Databases Missing

I haven't heard of that one ... where's the ref to SQL views?

Are you sync'ing all users/contacts?

You might also try the Record Count tool and see if the items show:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19623
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello twightman,
The GroupStaticMemberFix.bat files are for a different issue (static group members not syncing to remotes). Please see if the suggested solution in this Knowledgebase article resolves the secondary contact issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3323...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for the response.  Here is the referance about the views I am speaking about: http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/Database-Integrity/idi-p/234397 

I am syncing "all users/contacts".

I ran the Record Count tool on the remote database and it shows "0" Secondary Contacts.  On the main (server) database it shows there are 4,219 Secondary Contacts.

[ Edited ]

Hi Greig,

Thank you for your response.  I followed the procedure you gave me and it did not work.  Still the same results.  I tried it with all three of my databases and with a new one I created.

By the way, I was told multiple times by Act support to use the GroupStaticMemberFix.bat files and that my only other alternative was to send the databases in.

Any other ideas?

Tom