Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

Totaly right!!!
Administrator

There are no further updates to share on this particular defect unfortunately - it's still part of the fix backlog. If there's any updates I'll be sure to update this thread.
Copper Contributor

Any news on whether this issue/defect is still backlogged or has it been dropped? It's been over 2 years and several updates since this bug was first report and "Today" is still not working in Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 7.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS v1.0 (1988)
Nickel Elite Contributor

I just did a test and it gave me an error, the error remains

1.png

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Copper Contributor

Point of clarification... the "Today" search fails is on custom fields (not default fields) set to field data type: Date (not Date/Time) with Windows default date format set to MM/DD/YYYY US format.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JonTaylor wrote on 12-01-2017:
There are no further updates to share on this particular defect unfortunately - it's still part of the fix backlog. If there's any updates I'll be sure to update this thread.

Apparently this defect/bug is still on the fix backlog after nearly two years and two major version releases and several updates later. Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 1 still is unable to search "Today" in custom Date fields (US version). Surely, Swiftpage QA and product developers understand this is not merely a search function but Equal to (=) "Today" value is a major trigger for most Smart Tasks conditions. Therefore, this bug/defect leaves the valued Smart Tasks function virtually inoperative and useless. This has to be resolved.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Eek! No fix yet. Now running Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 7. This bug continues to render the Smart Tasks function unless since most Smart Tasks are set to trigger with Run when conditions are met > Field Type: Contact, Field Type: A custom field, Operator: Equal to, Value: Today.

Copper Contributor

Still not fixed in Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 2. This is becoming utterly reprehensible. This bug/deficiency continues to adversely affect all Smart Tasks set to triggers with Run when conditions are met > Field Type: Contact, Field Type: A custom field, Operator: Equal to, Value: Today.

Mind you, this bug was first reported and acknowledged by Swiftpage in March 2017, more than two years ago.

Copper Contributor

@JonTaylor wrote:

Please advice, what is the status update on this defect? Is the fix still in "backlog" as you reported back in 12-01-2017? 

Copper Super Contributor

Personally I stop using ACT and my problem disappear.

But if I was you, I would program a trigger directly in the database to get the time part.

But don't forget sometime in new version of ACT, your trigger will be deleted.

Keep the SQL saved somewhere to recreate it.

Good lock