Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

This is not a low impact. this is suppose to work that's it. It as an impact because it look very bad on the layout because you see the time portion of the date and users think they need to put the time to.

I dont understand why this issue is not fix already. It's basic. Should not append at this stage (v19). Come on guys you can do better than that.

Thanks
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gary W wrote:

Hi ptrombetta,

I have previously updated this defect with the comments posted here. The defect has not yet been targeted to an upcoming version or update, and can be considered still in the backlog.

I believe the reason for the medium priority on this defect is due to the availability of low-impact workarounds for the issue (using date/time fields instead of pure date fields). Have you considered swapping your field types to work around this issue?

Thank you, Gary.

No, I have not considered swapping several date fields to date/time fields - that is not a viable option or a low-impact workaround. Not only are the date fields used for visual log of dates on the contact layout as well as triggers for several dozen automatic Smart Tasks, but more importantly, they are used in mail-merges where a date/time merge/insert would be inappropriate and reflect poor formatting (not to mention using the "Today" option in the mini-calendar pop-down on date/time fields does not properly insert the current time but populates the field with "9/8/2017 12:00 AM" - perhaps another defect to log).

I urge the Product Management team to reconsider and move this date field defect from "medium" priority to high priority and begin work on a fix to this essential Act! function. 

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS v1.0 (1988)
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

@Gary W wrote:

Hi ptrombetta,

I have previously updated this defect with the comments posted here. The defect has not yet been targeted to an upcoming version or update, and can be considered still in the backlog.

I believe the reason for the medium priority on this defect is due to the availability of low-impact workarounds for the issue (using date/time fields instead of pure date fields). Have you considered swapping your field types to work around this issue?

I respectfully disagree with your product development and quality control team. This is NOT low impact. This defect effects the all Smart Tasks set with criteria/condition on date/today. Even when a date field is changed to date/time, the Smart Tasks with date/today condition are not being triggered. You have a problem here and it needs to be fixed.  

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

100% agree with you!!
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gary W wrote:

Hi ptrombetta,

I continue to be extremely disappointed with Act! and its product development and quality assurance teams as they continue to overlooking/bypass/ignore this ongoing defect. I see the defect continues in the latest update - Act! Premium Version 20.0.159.0, Update 3. I must continue to emphasize how this deflect has adversely impacted our daily workflow. Again, the suggested "low-impact workarounds" is not an viable option when the date field is inserted/merged in correspondence and time is inapplicable. It's due time that this defect get a second look, perhaps by another objective source.

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi ptrombetta,

I completely understand your frustration with this - this defect has been ongoing for a while and it doesn't seem like there's been any movement on our end around getting it resolved. Our developers are constantly reviewing the backlog of issues, and we are committed to resolving issues just as fast as we can come up with solutions.

The core of this particular defect lies pretty close to the heart of the software - the way data is written into the database - and as such any changes to this process need to be handled incredibly delicately, and need to be very rigorously tested. The last thing we want to do is fix one defect and have 10 more pop-up elsewhere.

Rest assured this defect certainly hasn't been forgotten about. Posts like this help us to identify and prioritise defects that are important to our users - so thank you for helping us improve Act! and please don't be discouraged to let us know how you feel.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I thinks you dont put priority's at the right place. Instead of connecthing act to Alexa you shoud work on the real stuff. I can imagine 20 users trying to ask Alexa in the same office!!! Nobody at home will connect ACT to alexa. Today nobody ask for direction, we just go on our mobile and that'S it. If you whant the phone number of someone you go on your mobile and hit "call".

Excuse me but that's how I feel.

Just a tought, you should work on the smartask to,  I'm tired to see duplicate activity all the time for the last 6 years!!!

Thank's to take the time and be honest with us, at least we know what to expect.

Have nice day

Highlighted
Administrator

You're absolutely right, it's a fine balancing act between adding new features to meet emerging needs and fixing bugs in the existing features, and maybe sometimes we get that ratio wrong.

Like I say, feedback like this shapes how we prioritise things. I've made sure to pass all notes in this thread back to our product team to help inform their decisions.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

thanks.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

@JonTaylor wrote:
You're absolutely right, it's a fine balancing act between adding new features to meet emerging needs and fixing bugs in the existing features, and maybe sometimes we get that ratio wrong.

Like I say, feedback like this shapes how we prioritise things. I've made sure to pass all notes in this thread back to our product team to help inform their decisions.

This bug continues to be an unresolved issue in Act! Premium Version 20.0.159.0, Update 4.

At this point, more than 8 months since first reported (at the beginning this thread) and several updates later, we must decide whether to continue waiting on Act! to fix this known issue or abandon Act! for another CRM that will fully meet our needs in the way Act! was once able to successfully fulfil for the past 29 years.

The time has come to rethink your "fine balancing" and fix the bugs in the existing features.