Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search on Premium 2013 Mobile does not return any results

Search on Premium 2013 Mobile does not return any results

[ Edited ]

We are currently using Sage Act 2008 in our office.  We are evaluating upgrading to Sage Act Premium (Web) 2013.  I have downloaded a 30 day trial version of Premium 2013, and have installed it on a server.  I took a copy of our data from 2008 and created a new database for 2013 to use.  Everything is working great when running the website from my desktop.  I am able to search for contacts without any issues.  The problem is when I use the website from my Ipad or Iphone.   Doing a search from the home screen on my Ipad or Iphone does not return any results.  It instead returns an error that says: 

"A connection error occurred when running your search and no results are available to display.  Please contact your administrator." 

I have not been successful in finding a solution to this problem by reading through topics on this forum.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are some screenshots from my mobile site:

I can login and see all of my Contacts:

When I perform a search:

IMG_0004.PNG

I receive an error:

IMG_0005.PNG

[Edit: Contact data removed from image. Please do not post contact information in a public forum]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Search on Premium 2013 Mobile does not return any results

Hello brianphelps74,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Glad to hear you are considering Sage ACT! 2013. For the issue you described, you may need to start or restart the ACT! Service Host service on the web server. Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3053...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your reply.  I restarted both services mentioned in the link that you provided.  This did not resolve the issue.  I still receive the same error message.

In case you didn't find a fix and to help out any others....

I ran into that issue when testing Act 2013 Web only during a search.  That error occured after I moved the Act Test Demo DB to a different drive and folder.

To resolve the connection error I set the security permisions on the folder where I moved the Test Act DB to be the same as the default Act folder under public documents where the test DB use to be.