12-18-2012 09:32 AM - last edited on 12-18-2012 10:09 AM by ghollister
We are currently using Sage Act 2008 in our office. We are evaluating upgrading to Sage Act Premium (Web) 2013. I have downloaded a 30 day trial version of Premium 2013, and have installed it on a server. I took a copy of our data from 2008 and created a new database for 2013 to use. Everything is working great when running the website from my desktop. I am able to search for contacts without any issues. The problem is when I use the website from my Ipad or Iphone. Doing a search from the home screen on my Ipad or Iphone does not return any results. It instead returns an error that says:
"A connection error occurred when running your search and no results are available to display. Please contact your administrator."
I have not been successful in finding a solution to this problem by reading through topics on this forum. Any help would be much appreciated.
Here are some screenshots from my mobile site:
I can login and see all of my Contacts:
When I perform a search:
I receive an error:
[Edit: Contact data removed from image. Please do not post contact information in a public forum]
12-18-2012 10:12 AM
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
12-18-2012 10:43 AM
Thank you for your reply. I restarted both services mentioned in the link that you provided. This did not resolve the issue. I still receive the same error message.
01-30-2013 09:09 PM
In case you didn't find a fix and to help out any others....
I ran into that issue when testing Act 2013 Web only during a search. That error occured after I moved the Act Test Demo DB to a different drive and folder.
To resolve the connection error I set the security permisions on the folder where I moved the Test Act DB to be the same as the default Act folder under public documents where the test DB use to be.