Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search for contacts that are not in a particular group

Search for contacts that are not in a particular group

Is there any way to lookup what contacts are *not* in a particular group?  I'm not finding one.

[While I want an answer to that, for multiple reasons, the specific problem in this case is a Yes/No field in the database where we have some (about 1400 of the 11k contacts in the database) records that are not Yes or No.  It's an artifact of some old database mergers and upgrades, but it's there.  I'd like to find those records and do something about it; it's easy to make a group of records that is either Yes or No, so if I could find the records that aren't in that group...]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Search for contacts that are not in a particular group

Lookup the Group and use Edit | Replace to add a Yes... but I think this didn't work with a couple of versions.

Another option is this add-on:
http://www.crmaddon.com/en/products/act/group-it/

I'm not sure how that would help.  Why would using Edit/replace on a group affect the records that are not in the group?

To clarify, the problem is that there are ~1400 records in our database that are somehow neither flagged as "true" nor "false" for a field. When you try to do a lookup that involves a true/false field, those are your only options - there's not any way to search for other values.  My group contains all records in the database that are either "true" or "false" for the field, but it's the other ~1400 records that I need to go through (probably one by one, since I suspect they are almost all old crap that should be removed).

The addon does seem like it would work, though it seems like an expensive solution to what is essentially a one-time problem.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Edit | Replace to add the data to the group, then do a lookup for contacts without the flag