Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search and Replace with Company field

Copper Super Contributor

Search and Replace with Company field

I'd like to be able to search and replace within the Company field.

For example if we have lots of records with Company names like Stratford District Council, and want to replace with Stratford DC. So Search and Replace "District Council" and replace with "DC".

I thought I might be able to work round this by importing from a spreadsheet with two columns, one with the existing Company name and one with the new one. Search and Replace is easy is Excel so would be simple to create the second column. The second column would be imported either into a custom ACT field or some ACT field which is currently empty. Thenonce imported into ACT I could use the Edit, Swap Field function to update the Company name.

However, the Company name is not available for selection in the Swap field dropdown!

Any other ideas?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Search and Replace with Company field

Joe,
I've tested this in Sage ACT! 2013, and successfully 'swapped' data using the Company field.

What version of Sage ACT! are you running?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Hi - thanks for testing, we are using 2011 Premium.

Thanks
Platinum Super Contributor

Just to verify, are you attempting to use the Company field while in the Companies view?  Or the company field for Contact records?

My previous test was with Contact records, which I found was also available in 2011.

If you were referring to the Company field for 'Companies', it is not an option in 2011 or any other version.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Ah yes that was not clear in my original post - I am trying to swap the company name in the company table.