Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search But Not Show Certain Contacts

Astute Commentator

Search But Not Show Certain Contacts

I think I am somehow overthinking this but is there a way to do a search and NOT include contacts with certain criteria?

For example, we use the ID/Status field to Group our contacts.   So, let's say we have an ID/Status with "Do Not Call" & "Bad Contact" and whenever I did a Lookup I never wanted to see the contacts with this ID/Status, how would I do that?  I am sure there is an easy way but I can't figure it out.

Administrator

Re: Search But Not Show Certain Contacts

Hi chtipton,

It's not possible to exclude these results from all lookups you do, but you can exclude them by creating an Advanced Query. Take the following for example:

Act!_2017-01-03_17-08-37.png

This will show all contacts that do not contain either of those two ID/Statuses. You can add more criteria to get only the contacts you do want.

You can save this a base lookup to use when creating other advanced lookups. Just remember to open it before adding additional criteria.

Astute Commentator

Re: Search But Not Show Certain Contacts

I ended up just creating a group for the contacts I wanted and added the criteria of the ID/Status I didn't want...like the Advanced Query.  Thanks for the help!