Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scrolling in date fields

Scrolling in date fields

Hi all,

I have a problem that's becoming more of an issue the more users we have. We use custom oppurtunity layouts that maximise the area availabile for user input.

Because of this there is a lot of scrolling up and down. The problem occurs that if you scroll up and down when you have a 'date' field selected it changes the date! It's really annyoying as it means we have users accidentally changing things on the system - is there a solution to this? Can we somehow turn the scroll facility off?

Running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Scrolling in date fields

That's a function of the Windows OS. The scroll takes place where ever the screen is focused. You would find the same think happen if you had clicked in a field with a dropdown selection menu. Other than using a mouse without a scroll wheel there isn't any way that I know of to disable scrollingm expecially if you want to make it selective to specific fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Thanks for coming back to me. How comes the same rule doesn't apply on a field like the Stage where are multiple choices, or any other field which contains a list of values? It only effects the date fields which seems illogical?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The scroll makes use of a Windows function. As such the behaviour is partially controlled by the windows OS and partially by the mouse driver. I've found that the scroll behaviour isn't completely consistant. It is effectived by screen focus but again not completely consistant. I keep getting caught in the weather site I use where I select the radar map and want to scroll the screen but if I don't click somwhere other than the map I get the map zoom rather than repositining the screen view.

I don't know if the scroll behaviour in the ACT! program could be changed. It seems that it's mainly controlled by the properties of the screen focus. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129