Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen resolution distorting fonts and other elements in ACT v16 Premium on Lenovo Yoga III

Loyal Listener

Screen resolution distorting fonts and other elements in ACT v16 Premium on Lenovo Yoga III

There have been other posts regarding the overlapping screen elements on high resolution displays like the Lenovo Yoga III. I've tried adjusting compatibility mode and am now running the Durkin DPI Fixer https://www.durkincomputing.com/FreeACTAddons.aspx, which make the problem less bad but still not especially useuable. Some of the symptoms include:

- Font sizes for the text in the Contact header seems accurate but the font size for the text in Alarms popup dialog is tiny

- In the Groups detail view, the group names overlap each other

- in the Contacts detail view, the text within the Dates dropdown is tiny, etc.

Have anyone had success ACT on the higher resolution screens like the Yoga or the Surface Pro? 

Thanks,

Astute Commentator

Re: Screen resolution distorting fonts and other elements in ACT v16 Premium on Lenovo Yoga III

I have the same machine and same problem with same version. The good news is the work around answer is posted in another area here: http://community.act.com/t5/ACC-Discussions/Ultrabooks-Screen-Resolution/m-p/264071#M18184b 

David Hamacher
Get Better Sales
davidham369@gmail.com
Loyal Listener

Re: Screen resolution distorting fonts and other elements in ACT v16 Premium on Lenovo Yoga III

Thanks for the reply -- I'm getting the following error when I try to follow the link: 

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

I've also tried searching this site for segments of the link (eg, 264701) and get no hits. 

Astute Commentator

The link should've taken you to the bulletin board log-in screen. Here's the actual post pasted here, let me know how you make out, thanks.

Copper Contributor
joyce nichols

Message 9 of 10 (57 Views)
Re: Ultrabooks Screen Resolution

Found the fix for Yoga Pro!  

• Change resolution to 1920 x 1080

• Change Size of All Items to 100%

View is great!

Thank you!

Joyce Nichols

Training Solutions, Inc

515-321-9727

joyce.nichols@trainingsolutionsinc.com

David Hamacher
Get Better Sales
davidham369@gmail.com
Loyal Listener

The Yoga III and its owner are on the road this week so I'll give it another try next week. We have tried a variety of resolutions, I think including the suggested 1920 X 1080 at 100%, and while the lower resolution (obviously) makes some things bigger, it also distorts other screen elements. Anyway, I'll try again later.

Re the error message, I think that the posting might be in a consultants / advisors area that I don't have access to.

Thanks for your help!

Copper Contributor

To be honest, changing a LCD display to a non native resolution usually causes the screen to be blurry, except for certain cases where a perfect upscale/downscale is possible.

This should have been fixed in Act years ago, but hardly seems to get any attention at all. V17 Seems to handle high DPI settings slightly better than V16 but still far from what could be called decent.

This has gotten several forum topics, several "fixes" and "workarounds" that hardly do anything to alleviate the problem. It's ridiculous that we as a company pay several thousands of euros to upgrade yearly while getting hardly anything worthwile in return.