Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen Resolutions

Tom
Copper Contributor

Screen Resolutions

Is there anyway to make ACT ver 10 display properly with resolutions higher than 1024X768?
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Screen Resolutions

Tom wrote:
Is there anyway to make ACT ver 10 display properly with resolutions higher than 1024X768?

My screen resolution is set at 1280x1024 and Act works perfectly.  I think the resolution is more a factor of your computer/video card settings and less about Act.  You can maximize the Act application window to utilize the entire screen size.  

Not sure if you might also be talking about the layouts.  You can create layouts for use with larger screen resolutions by organizing/spacing the fields differently.  

Tom
Copper Contributor

ACT does fill the screen however the notes field will never stay adjacent to the layout fields.  I always have to grab the top of the notes field to drag it up to the other fields.  If I set the resolution to 1024X768 it will stay in place, but any higher res and it the field moves toward the bottom of the screen.  I'm running both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro on the latest hardware.

Also do you know any way to get the notes field to automatically maximize rather than having to grab the corners to do so? 

Thanks for your help,

Tom 

Copper Super Contributor

Tom wrote:

ACT does fill the screen however the notes field will never stay adjacent to the layout fields.  I always have to grab the top of the notes field to drag it up to the other fields.  If I set the resolution to 1024X768 it will stay in place, but any higher res and it the field moves toward the bottom of the screen.  I'm running both Vista Ultimate and XP Pro on the latest hardware.

Also do you know any way to get the notes field to automatically maximize rather than having to grab the corners to do so? 

Thanks for your help,

Tom 

I use Act Prem 2005 and I think the notes are completely different from your version.  It sounds like the notes section in my version is a little more like what you're trying to do.  Unfortuantely, I don't have any experience for what you're trying to do, so another one of the folks here will have to help you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try editing the layout and setting the size of the top part to what you want