Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scratchpad Not Working

Copper Contributor

Scratchpad Not Working

I'm using 2012 Premium.  No recent updates.  Everything else working fine, but when I try to open the Scratchpad absolutely nothing happens.  All I see is the window "Sage ACT! Scratchpad has stopped working.  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."  I haven't used it in a while, but last time I did all was well. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Scratchpad Not Working

[ Edited ]

Hello Jillian,
Try opening Scratchpad by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting "Run As Administrator".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Greig,

Tried it.  Nada.  Same message.  We did have a new server installed a few months back, and I'm thinking that's when this problem began.  Any other ideas? 

Bronze Elite Contributor

Try moving the scratchpad xml file to another machine with ACT! installed on it and let us know if you are able to open it on that machine.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28123/kw/28123

Another thing that can sometimes cause Scrtachpad to error is a corrupt Windows Profile. Try creating a new Windows Profile and see if you are able to start Scratchpad.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog