Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduling activities for non-Act users

Accepted Solution Solved
Avid Listener
Accepted Solution

Scheduling activities for non-Act users

[ Edited ]

I have Act 2008 Premium.  I know there is a way to attach an activity to an email so that other Act users can import it into their calendar.  Is there a way to do the same for non-Act users on Outlook?  My wife and I send each other meeting requests through Outlook and can get on each other's schedules that way.  Now that I'm using Act, I'm wondering if we can still do that.

The knowledge base states that in Act 6 you could specify the format of the activity that is attached to the invitation email, and one choice was Outlook VCal format (.VCS).  I can't see how to do this in Act 2008 - is this feature still available?

Thanks -

Patrick

Message Edited by patvaughn on 07-01-2008 02:56 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author patvaughn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Scheduling activities for non-Act users

Unfortunately vCal is no-longer an option... so you can only send the file to users with the same version of ACT!

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author patvaughn
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Unfortunately vCal is no-longer an option... so you can only send the file to users with the same version of ACT!

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Avid Listener

So would our best solution be to continue using Outlook for scheduling activities and just keep them synchronized with Act?

You lose a lot of info that way... schedule with ACT! and sync over to Outlook might work?
Avid Listener

I think I'll just schedule it in Act, sync to Outlook, then do the meeting invite from Outlook.  I won't have to do it that often, and that way I can get things on her calendar.

Thanks for the help -

Patrick