Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduled Backup xml

Copper Contributor

Scheduled Backup xml

I got an error the other day when entering the Act! backup scheduler that an xml file was corrupt.  I hit okay so fast I don't recall the name or path of the file and when I hit okay all of my scheduled backups in the list were gone. 

I entered them all back in, one by one, then entered all the database maintenance entries again one by one.  It was a painfully tedious process.  I was wondering if anyone knew what xml file this info gets stored in.  It would be nice to make a backup.  It might also be handy to make a utility that can create the xml file whenever I need to add more databases to the list.  I find the GUI to be painful when entering a lot of backups and/or database maintenance tasks. 

TIA 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Scheduled Backup xml

You most likely saw an error for the file: Scheduler_File.xml

Here is a document that has instructions for locating and recreating it (location dependent on Operating System) - Error loading scheduler file

I'm not aware of a utility or add-on that will enter items into the scheduler without going through the GUI.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Scheduled Backup xml

Yup.  That looks like what happened. Although, I didn't have to rename anything.  i just loaded the scheduler and it made a new Scheduler_File.xml.  

In my original post, I was thinking if I found that xml file, I could generate the contents by making a utility myself.  However, I see that the password is encrypted and there's a taskid.  I wouldn't be able to generate those values, so I guess I'm at the mercy of the scheduler via the GUI.  Hope that file doesn't get corrupted too often.  It's a real pain to have to reenter so many jobs. 

Thanks for your reply.