Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule With field has multiple contacts in it and need a report to show all those contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Schedule With field has multiple contacts in it and need a report to show all those contacts

Version-17.2.214.0

Does not involve Microsoft office

ACT installed on local machine

Windows 7 OS

Ultimately, my question is: can the Schedule With field populate multiple names on a report? I am trying to build and pull a report that shows Activities and who they are scheduled with. In the Schedule Activity record, there is a field called Schedule With and I have the ability to put multiple names in this field. For example, John (who works for my company) has meeting scheduled with Al, Brad and Kevin (they work for a different company other than mine). Al, Brad and Kevin are listed in the Schedule With field. I modified the existing Activities report in ACT to include the Schedule With field. When I run this report, I want to see that John (from my company) had a meeting with Al, Brad and Kevin (from a different company). But, the result I receive is John had a meeting with Al because Al is listed first in the Schedule With field. How do I pull all the names (Al, Brad and Kevin) into the report?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ajensen
‎06-13-2016 10:02 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Schedule With field has multiple contacts in it and need a report to show all those contacts

Based on your first post I did some research. What you want to have showing in a report can't be done with the ACT! report in part because the Scheduled With field that shows in the ACT! reports isn't a real field in the ACT! database. The ACT! data access module for the ACT! reports does create some special filters or fields. I checked with the query builder in the Durkin Impact reports and couldn't find any direct way to access the scheduled with information. If separate activities were created for the scheduled with people, I should be able to create a report template with the Durkin Impact reports that would be similar to your example.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Schedule With field has multiple contacts in it and need a report to show all those contacts

You need to change a setting ACT

Go to Tools - Preferences - Calendar and Activities

In Activity Preferences tick the box near the bottom that says Create separate Activities when scheduling with multiple contacts.

Going forward it will report correctly.for any new multiple activities scheduled.

Thank you for your response. 

I might be missing something, but I don't think this solves my problem. 

If I create separate Activities for each individual, how do I show on a report that my contact did something with the other people involved in the activity? It seems that the Schedule With field shows Bill was scheduled with Bill and Brad was scheduled with Brad, if I create a separate for each individual. I want to be able to see that Bill went out with Brad, Tom and Mike. The report would look something like this:

Company ABC Contact: Bill

Outing: Hockey Game

Went With: Brad, XYZ Inc., Tom, CBA Co., Mike, ZYX Inc.

Is it possible to show all the names in the Schedule With field on a report?

Solution
Accepted by topic author ajensen
‎06-13-2016 10:02 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Based on your first post I did some research. What you want to have showing in a report can't be done with the ACT! report in part because the Scheduled With field that shows in the ACT! reports isn't a real field in the ACT! database. The ACT! data access module for the ACT! reports does create some special filters or fields. I checked with the query builder in the Durkin Impact reports and couldn't find any direct way to access the scheduled with information. If separate activities were created for the scheduled with people, I should be able to create a report template with the Durkin Impact reports that would be similar to your example.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129