Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule Updates don't appear on workstations

Schedule Updates don't appear on workstations

I have Act 9.1 installed on 3 office computers. I have created a shared database per the KB article on the ACT site. The PAD files are located in the proper place and all users can see the master database.

That said, if someone makes a change to the schedule on the master database, it does not appear on other users screens unless they close ACT and reopen it.

In the previous version of ACT we had (version 6) these updates automatically appeared to all users. How do I resolve this?
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Schedule Updates don't appear on workstations

[ Edited ]
I would check a couple of things to make sure you truly are all pointing to the right database. If you click on "Help" and then "About Act!".
A new window should open up. Under this new window click on "Database Information". Then verify on each of your 3 computers they are all pointing to the same "Database Server" and "Database File Location" which should be listed under the "Database Settings Information". If they differ on any of the machines this would mean you are opening another database similar possibly in name. Hope this helps. Also just a little tip you can hit "Ctrl + F5" to refresh the content of Act!.

Message Edited by mfaubert on 01-29-2008 10:14 AM

Re: Schedule Updates don't appear on workstations

Thanks for the tip.

We have only one database. I took the PAD file generated on the master PC and placed a copy locally on each of the other worstations in the Databases directory. I'm assuming this is correct?

I will try the crtl-F5 trick and see how that works out.