Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule Activity

Schedule Activity

I have a user complaining that the Schedule Activity keeps popping up every five minutes even after clicking on Cancel or OK button. This Schedule Activity is popping up even ACT was not opened.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Phillip

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Schedule Activity

Hello Phillip,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you provide some additional information:

- What version of Sage ACT!?

- Is it integrated with Outlook?

- Is the 'Schedule Activity' screen always for the same activity?  (check Regarding)

If integrated with Outlook and not the same activity each time, you may want to change the email settings within Sage ACT!. 

Tools > Preferences > Email setup tab > Email system setup > go through screens to locate 'E-mail - Activity Invitations'.  There is option "You can create an ACT! activity when you accept a meeting invitation in Outlook" > set it to None (or desired option).

If the user is actually refering to the 'Alarms' pop-up, it is programmed to pop-up 5 minutes after closing the window > as long as there are alarms to report.  It would not continue after shutting down ACT!, but would continue if they are refering to minimizing the ACT! screen.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thanks for yuor reply.

The version is Sage Premium 2010, Version 12.1.181.0. Hot Fix 5.

It is integrated with Outlook and the Schedule Activity is showing the same Pop up everytime.

Regards,

Phillip

Since it is a single activity and occurs even when ACT! is closed - the prompt would be created through the Outlook integration. It would appear this activity is 'stuck' in Outlook. Is the activity scheduled in Outlook? Can it be deleted from Outlook (then recreated)?
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

How do I delete this activity in Outlook? I don't think this "Schedule Activity" is part of outlook. I tried to disable the ACT Addin in Outlook and that seems to solve the problem, since then, the "Schedule Activity" is no longer popping up. However, once I re-enable the addin, it popping back up again. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Phillip

Did you look for an Outlook calendar item with the same Subject? If you find one, try deleting it (recreate it). Something is triggering the integration to initiate that activity, it may be 'hung' in Outlook or the integration itself. Unfortunately I don't have any more details to help find it.

If the user doesn't want any Outlook invitations to create activities within ACT!, that can be disabled through the Email System setup screens: Tools > Preferences > Email tab > Email System setup > change options on screen 7 of 8.
Greg Martin
Sage