Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scan PDF Directly to Contact Fields?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Scan PDF Directly to Contact Fields?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, new to the forum but have already found many useful threads. Hopefully this one will be usefully as well.

I need to be able to Scan PDF's Directly to Contact Fields. Applications filled out in a PDF basically. Where the contact name and so on will be transfer to the contact fields in act. I've seen this done with other applications but haven't been able to find an add-on or app for ACT, as of yet. Is there anyone familiar with this process that can give me some direction please?

TIA.

Version 11.0.0.367

Message Edited by pcmedic on 11-13-2008 07:06 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pcmedic
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Scan PDF Directly to Contact Fields?

I just found a solution, from the company that made the business card scanner as a matter of fact. Hope this may help others!

Cardscan Software

Cheers!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Super Contributor

I did do some research for a client a few months ago and found a product that should do this. I just dug out the email I sent them at the time.

------------

Just spoke with the company in the US that supply the software for merging ACT! data to PDF forms. Looks like it will do exactly what we are after.

The cost for the licenses are US$399/user + US$199 p.a/user after the first 12 months. There are discounts if you need to order 25 licenses or more.

You can order it from their website which is www.laserapp.com

If you would like to see a quick demo of the system in action click this link. http://www.laserapp.com//movie-screendemo.htm  

------------------

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Darren Flood

ACT! Certified Consultant

www.evolutionmarketing.com.au  

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 

Darren Flood
Evolution Marketing;
ACT! Software
& CRM Consultants - Australia

Thank you dflood for the reply. I knew this was going to be hard one to solve. The software you are referring to looks quite useful actually, but is backwards to what i'm looking for unless it will take the data from the PDF, and insert it into the database? Which is exactly what i'm looking for.

I've seen scan software that will scan say a business card, and then export the data, with the correct fields, into excel or various other formats. That type of thing would be perfect.

Thanks again,

j.

Solution
Accepted by topic author pcmedic
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I just found a solution, from the company that made the business card scanner as a matter of fact. Hope this may help others!

Cardscan Software

Cheers!

Copper Super Contributor

You should find that that it will allow data to be typed into fielf forms in a pdf and that data will push through into fields in ACT!.

I haven't tested it though, just got to the stage of finding them. The devils in the detail so I would want to test it myself before being completely satisified with it.

Darren Flood
Evolution Marketing;
ACT! Software
& CRM Consultants - Australia

Hi, pcmedic.

Thanks for your nice sharing. I am trying to build another 3rd party PDF scanner to fix the relevant PDF scanning problem recently. And I will try your sgaing later.

Best regards,

Arron

arronlee wrote:

Hi, pcmedic.

Thanks for your nice sharing. I am trying to build another 3rd party PDF scanner to fix the relevant PDF scanning problem recently. And I will try your sgaing later.

Best regards,

Arron

Hi there

This is an old post.But you said that you trying to build another 3rd party PDF scanner to fix the relevant PDF scanning problem.

Which language are you using?c#?