Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saving Documents after creating from Template

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Saving Documents after creating from Template

ACT Version: Premium 2009

Word Version: 2003

Issue: After a document is created by opening a Template in ACT, I click Save or SaveAs in Word.  The default location opens and I change folders to my desired location.  If I edit the document any further (which is likely) and click either Save or SaveAs again, it again opens the default location again instead of the location already chosen during the first "save".  How do I prevent this from occurring every time?  Will Word not "remember" the location if a document is created from ACT?

Reason: Documents are saved in specific folders associated with a particular contact or company thus the default "Documents" folder or any general folder is not desirable.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sm2009act
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Saving Documents after creating from Template

Aha, I had asked this question when I first started using ACT and one of the members of this forum answered by saying that is a known problem.  The easy solution is just to do your subsequent saves with Ctrl-S instead of File | Save or File | Save A.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sm2009act
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Saving Documents after creating from Template

Aha, I had asked this question when I first started using ACT and one of the members of this forum answered by saying that is a known problem.  The easy solution is just to do your subsequent saves with Ctrl-S instead of File | Save or File | Save A.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit