03-11-2011 03:16 PM
Is there a way to manage duplicate contacts where you can save all notes & history from one entry and transfer it to another? For example if I have two entries for Joe Schmoe with the following notes & history saved:
Joe Schmoe: Birthday 3/1/2011
Joe Schmoe: Headquartered in: Los Angeles, CA
How can I transfer the birthday note from Joe Schmoe entry number one to number two? I would also like to delete the contact afterward and have only one Joe Schmoe in the system.
Any help would me greatful. Thanks!
03-11-2011 04:15 PM
Yes, here's the link to the Knowledge Base article that explains how to do exactly that: (this way, you'll have to delete the unwanted record in a separate step) http://bit.ly/hvKBJT
Another way to do this (the way I would do this) would be to use ACT!'s Copy/Move Contact Data feature and treat them as duplicates (this way you also get the opportunity to copy any missing fields over and copy ALL Notes, Histories, Activities, Groups, Opportunities and Secondary Contacts AND delete the unwanted record all in one six-step wizard):
0. Open and print out this Knowledge Base article: http://bit.ly/eygCSv,
1. Lookup those contacts, (perhaps do a Lookup, Last Name, Schmoe),
2. Since there are two Schmoe's you should now see them in the Contact List View,
3. Click to select the first Schmoe,
4. While holding your CTRL key, click to also select the second Schome,
5. From the Tools Menu, Choose Copy/Move Contact Data,
6. Pick up at step #6 in the link above.
03-11-2011 06:55 PM