Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Saved Emails

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Saved Emails

Hi there,

I have a question regarding saved emails on ACT.  When we send them and ACT automatically saves them onto the Contact this is fine, but if we need to look at the email again or someone else in the organisation wants to look at one someone has sent, it appears like it has not been sent. 

This means if we are replying/ chasing or forwarding it on we can't do it from here as it looks like it has not been sent, just looks like you have just typed it.  Is there a way to fix this for emails that are sent and ACT saves.  If we save them onto ACT manually it saves the correct way for us, as in the email has been sent format. I hope this makes sense?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Joanne

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Saved Emails

For me, there are far more reasons why I don't want to save every eMail in ACT vs. wanting to keep selected eMails.

As a result I have added a product called eMailConnectPro which give me very easy control over what I want to do with the eMails. 

Take a look at their site for more information on that product.

I am not associated with that company.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Take a look at how preferences are set in E-mail & Outlook Sync ...

Click the E-mail & outlook Sync tab

Click E-mail System Setup

Make sure Microsoft Outlook is checked (that is if you are using Outlook)

Make sure the name of the database is showing for Outlook Address  Books, if not add it.

The next sections deals with how to handle editing and storage

e-mail editor:  Outlook is recommended and I agree

E-mail - Record History of Sent E-mails - this is the part where I typically sway from the norm when using eMail Connect Pro

• Type of history should include Subject & Message (Recommended)
  • E-Mail History of received E-mails - recommended is Subject & Message
  • E-mail - Attach to ACT Contacts - recommended is Subject & Message
  • E-mail Activity Invitation - recommended is ACT

At this point you are finished.  You should now have eMail histories in the contacts that were addressed.  

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have the same problem this just started when I upgraded to version 22.  In all previous versions if you or any one shearing your date based brought up a sent email it looked like a sent email with all of the data showing the date and to who it was sent.  This is important information when you are trying to show a contact that you sent the requested information to them at the correct time.  I have to go into my sent email in outlook and forward from there.  Another part of the program that has worked for over 10 plus years that swift page broke.  I have never seen a program that every upgrade released screws up something that has always worked.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry I should have said it is Act Cloud we are using so unfortunately the suggestions won't work for this.  I have checked the settings and they are as they should be. Like the last poster it is when we need to proof or forward on an email we have sent to someone else we can't do it from going into the ACT history as when you load it looks like it has not been sent, but have to go into our Outlook Sent box and send from there.  Yes it used to save the Sent emails the correct way and this has changed.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Just to be clear we are not using the cloud version and it is happening as well.

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

It just occurred to me to ask if all users are selected or a sect number of users are selected.  In the history tab you have the option to Select Users.  If only one person is selected, then an eMail saved by anyone other then the person selected will not display.

I don't use the cloud only, but that should be the same in either case.

Hope that helps.

John Purdy
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We are not using the cloud version. We have users that have their own data base and users that share all of us are having the same problem with sent email.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi,  its not that they are not showing in the History, they are - the issue is when we click on them in the history to open them they just look like you would have just typed them and have not been sent, so it means if we try to forward them to someone it won't work correctly as it still has the email address of the person you were sending to in the To field, which means the option to forward is not available.  You have to then go into your Sent box in outlook to forward them.,