Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Save Customized Column Settings and Grid Line settings in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Save Customized Column Settings and Grid Line settings in ACT!

With as many updates as the ACT! programming team creates for its licensed users, it would be nice to have a file stored outside of the ACT! folders that could regenerate the Customized Column settings for the the various views that require setting up every time a new version of ACT! is installed.  I spend way too much time setting up my columns in the Contact List, Group Opportunities List, Companies Opportunity List, Contact Opportunities tab, and so on, and I also have to go through and redefine which views need to have grid lines in them, since they all default to being off.  The default settings for the columns are never adequate for my purposes, and neither are they for anyone else in my company, so we all have to spend time changing them back to the way we like to see them.  If there was a SAVE function for the columns, which could save those settings outside of the usual ACT! folders, then we could recall those settings when we install a new version.  Right now, the only other way anyone can guarantee that they're setting up the next installed version like their previous version, would be to somehow keep screen shots of each and every section requiring customization, so that we could replicate those settings in the new version.  And since I never have the time to go through and capture all those screen shots, I have to guess, to the best of my abilities, what my previous version was set up like.  It's both frustrating and time consuming.

Copper Contributor

Re: Save Customized Column Settings and Grid Line settings in ACT!

And I've mentioned this before, but I would really like to be able to save the sorting order for my Opportunity List views so they show the newest Open Date at the top, instead of ACT! changing the sorting order every time I view the Opportunities in any section of ACT!.  The default sorting order for the Opportunities is always the least valued Total being at the top of the list, and I can't think of anything less useful than that default sorting order.

Administrator

Re: Save Customized Column Settings and Grid Line settings in ACT!

This is great feedback, I've passed this all on to our product team - I'd recommend posting any specific ideas you've had into the Share your Ideas forum, as our developers use this as a base when designing new feature updates - and it allows other members of the community to chip in with support.