Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Same user automatically shows up in Activities of every contact - Gives Error

Same user automatically shows up in Activities of every contact - Gives Error

[ Edited ]

I have a Remote DB user who has been having a recurring problem.  Anytime he creates a new contact, the Activities tab is filled with an Activity from a user who is no longer at the company.  Activities also fills this in for every older contacts as well.  The problem user shows up as a User in the Remote DB, but in the master he is only a contact, not a user. The option to delete this user is grayed out, even when logged in as an Administrator.

When you click on Activities, it gives the following error

"Error retrieving the owner for the Activity: Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManagerDB+ActivityManagerDBException: Could not find any owner for the specified Activity

at Act.Framework.Activites.ActivityManagerDB.GetActivityOwnerAsGrantor(Guid activityId)"

Then all I can click is OK.  It keeps the activity in there, never allowing me to delete this. 

I have ran several different sections of the ACTDIAG tool.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled Act!.  I have created a new Remote DB.  None of these fixes the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message Edited by ddillman23 on 10-06-2009 07:46 AM
Message Edited by ddillman23 on 10-06-2009 07:47 AM

Re: Same user automatically shows up in Activities of every contact - Gives Error

Reinstalling ACT! isn't going to resolve this issue.

On the server, if you go to Tools > Manager Users.  Are the contact name and user name correct for this person?  Also do you see the person who is no longer with the company?

You can also try running database maintenance - fix known activity data issues from actdiag

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures