Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Salutation field preferences no longer work? Act premium 2010 with SP1(HF1)

Salutation field preferences no longer work? Act premium 2010 with SP1(HF1)

Just after upgrading, I had a few users report this to me, and I have confirmed.

When typing in a name in the contact field, no matter what the Salutation preferences are set at, the salutation field is NOT populated with anything...

Has anyone else noticed this?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Salutation field preferences no longer work? Act premium 2010 with SP1(HF1)

After entering the contact data, click on the 'Save' icon - the Salutation field should then populate. 

Any action that causes the 'save' will have the same effect, such as clicking on the F5 (Refresh) key, going to a different contact record, or entering a Note/History/Activity.

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes this works, however, this is a changed behaviour since the service pack, is it not?  I am used to the salutation field populating automatically after entering a contact name (if more than two names after a first name, middle, surname dialog box), and then immediately clicking into ANY other field...

Was this broken before that it needed to change?

Again, just curious, as I am having a lot of user "comments" (not complaints, oh no!) about it... Smiley Happy

Platinum Super Contributor

You are correct, this is a changed behavior.  It is a known issue and under investigation by our Development group.  Unfortunately there is no information available at this time as to when it will be corrected.  I'll update this post when I have information.
Greg Martin
Sage

Alright.  Will wait for any further news on this.

Thanks for your response!