Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sales Process Change in ACT

Copper Contributor

Sales Process Change in ACT

I am wanting to retain all my past opportunities but move the sales team to a new sales process (allowing me to delete the old custom process).  Is there a way to mass edit the sales process?  I have found how to update the status but nothing in the actual process.

Help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sales Process Change in ACT

Hello LSexton,
I don't believe there is a way to do this, since the Sales Process also affects the Stage, which can vary by opportunity. When you say you want to retain all past opportunities, does that mean you want them showing the old sales process/stages? If not, then you could simply edit the old process to change the name and stages. If you want to indicate which opportunities used the old process, then do a lookup of them, and use Edit>Replace Field to put a message or other value into a field of your choice. This can be used to filter the opportunities in a lookup if you are running reports.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sales Process Change in ACT

There is a new version of our free addon, Bulk Opportunities Updater at www.freeactaddons.com that enables you to:

1.  Update the opportunity status for the current opportunities lookup.
  2.  Update the sales process and simultaneously the stage associated with the process, for the current opportunities lookup
  3.  Update both 1. and 2. simultaneously for the current opportunities lookup

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog