Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sales Opportunity and real sale are not the same

Sales Opportunity and real sale are not the same

I'm new with Sales Opportunity in ACT!, So, please ACT! experts, help me with this issue: We created sale opportunity. Sale process updated to Commitment to Buy (ACT! sales cycle). But then when we got the order from the customer, the order is different than the opportunity (different product, different qty, different price...). What should I do in that case? Should I just adjust the opportunity to match the real order?

Your solution is highly appriciated!

Silver Contributor

Re: Sales Opportunity and real sale are not the same

It sounds like you are asking a procedur question rather than a technical one. No problem, but if I've misunderstood, let me know. So, if you have made an opportunity to reflect a quote that has been given and then the order changes. I'd adjust the opportunity before closing it.. If you have a more formal quoting system, like Quotewerks which works with ACT, you could create a revised quote and Quotewerks will track the revisions as well as reporting the information back into aCT.

It's really up to you, there is no right or wrong, but be consistant accross your organization.  Let me know if this answers your question.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider