Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sales Analysis Report is missing data

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sales Analysis Report is missing data

So yet another issue with Act (and we wonder why we didn't switch to SAP)...

Trying to run the "Sales Analysis by Record Manager" Report and the output is virtully useless. For a single user it outputs a 3 page report, of which the first 2 pages are blank and the 3rd page lists zeros...

SARM1.JPGSARM2.JPGSARM3.JPG 

This user actually has for the current month:

106 open opportunities

88 inactive opportunities

35 closed/lost opportunities

94 closed/won opportunies

Why is none of this data showing? What is the point of a report that exports garbage pages???

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mprange
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sales Analysis Report is missing data

The early version of that report didn;t work. The report was later modified and now does work. However when the database was originally converted/created controls the version of the reports, the standard reports for exosting databases aren't changed by an upgrade to a later version of the ACT! program. Try creating a new database for your current version of the ACT! program and then copy that report from the new database into your working database and replace the report in your database and then try running the report. I don't know just which version of the ACT! program fixed the report but I know it works with ACT! 2010 and later.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Astute Commentator

did you ever get an answer to this? Are you still using ACT?

Copper Contributor

Nope. Not a single reply. Must be too tough of a question. And, by the way, still can't get it to work. All we get is a blank page that has the rep name, the "total" number of opportunities and bunch of zeros everywhere else.

We're on Premium 2012 12.1.108.0 HF4 for reference. It's a joke really. Don't understand how the most basic sales report doesn't function.

Solution
Accepted by topic author mprange
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The early version of that report didn;t work. The report was later modified and now does work. However when the database was originally converted/created controls the version of the reports, the standard reports for exosting databases aren't changed by an upgrade to a later version of the ACT! program. Try creating a new database for your current version of the ACT! program and then copy that report from the new database into your working database and replace the report in your database and then try running the report. I don't know just which version of the ACT! program fixed the report but I know it works with ACT! 2010 and later.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

In other words, from the File menu in ACT create a new database.  From the supplemental folder for that database, copy your report to the supp folder for your live db...

Copper Contributor

Thanks. Now it works. And to think only took a year and the off chance somebody replied to my post asking if it ever got resolved.

FYI - I just used the test database that was installed with 2012, it updated the report to a 2011 version from a 2006 version and it works as I would have expected from the start. Wish I had this answer back then.