Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Pro 2013, system tabs do not show in contact Detail View

Sage Pro 2013, system tabs do not show in contact Detail View

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2013 ver 15.0.301.0 on windows Vista with SP 2 installed. I can see the system tabs in both group and company pages, but not in the the Contact Detail View. I have 500 contacts listed and have over 2000 emails synced with Sage. Even when selecting a contact with several emails associated with it, the system tabs will not show.

I have gone to Tools>Design Layouts>Contact and then to the Edit>Tabs. All tabs are listed in the "Show tabs in this order" Column. I have removed several tabs, then saved it and reopened the Detail View: no system tabs. I used Edit>Tabs and added all the tabs back to the righthand column, saved and reopened the Detail View: still no system tabs. In fact, no tabs whatsoever in the Contact Detail View.

I created a second dummy database and checked the Detail View immediately after creation and no tabs were visible.

Re: Sage Pro 2013, system tabs do not show in contact Detail View

Solved:

Apparently the lower half of the Detail View had been minimized just beyond the pane size in the screen resolution I was in. No vertical scroll bar appeared on the right side. I changed the screen resoltution to the maximum allowed by my monitor/video adapter and could just barely see the top of the system tags again. I used the mouse to drag the lower half of the viewing pane up toward the middle of the screen. I now can see the system tabs in any screen resolution.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Mrmango,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

We are glad to hear that you have resolved your issue! Thank you for the update.
Greg Martin
Sage

Hello, Greg.

I am having the same problem. 

This seems like it is a known issue that the tabs on the lower half of contacts detail view are not there.

I am using ACT 2013 with a windows 8 pro computer.

What can I do about it?

--- Lisa

My ACT 2013 program also will ont allow me to do the update.  It gives me the following error:

You do not have permission to download the updates. You must be a windows administrator.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance.

--- Lisa

Platinum Super Contributor

Lisa,

Welcome to the ACT! Community!

For the tabs: Have you tried to hover the mouse pointer near the bottom of the Sage ACT! window, to get the up/down arrow pointer, then left-click and hold, to drag the tabs up?

For the update:  It appears you have either Windows Vista, 7, or 8 which has the Windows UAC function enabled.  To apply the update:

1. Close Sage ACT!

2. Right-click Sage ACT! icon

3. Select 'Run as administrator'

4. Apply update

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

Thanks for the info, but it did not work.

The update thing did, though.

There is a scroll thing like on long websites to the right, but when I scroll all the way to the bottom the bottom section is blank.

How can I contact someone from Sage about this.

I have been trying SO HARD to get this to work and now I think I have to give up and get a refund and go back to Goldmine.  I am very tired of crying in sheer frustration (quite literally)!

Thanks for trying to help.

--- Lisa

Nickel Super Contributor

I am sorry you are frustrated -- it is hard when you just want something to work!  But overall, ACT! is much easier to use than most other contact management software. 

One thing to check is to see if you are using large fonts.  That can make the entire screen a bit hard to read.  There is a free fix for that issue if you choose to use large fonts.  Here is the link - it is listed as a free download.  http://durkincomputing.com/Download.aspx

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)