07-29-2013 11:37 AM
Is there a way to adjust the default view of the list of contact? We have 20 users using the database and sometimes the contacts dont really belong to a specific user. instead of seeing al the contacts, the users are asking if is impossible to have the view default to their own contact (contact where they are the record manager).
08-02-2013 08:45 AM
Yes this is possible.
In the Contact Detail screen, click on the "Contact Access" tab at the bottom.
Then you can set the record manager and Access Level according to who you want to see it.
You would most likely want to select Limited Access so you can specify which user in particualr you want to see the card.
08-06-2013 04:42 AM - edited 08-06-2013 04:48 AM
Sorry for misunderstading in the previous answer.
You can simply create a lookup and search by "Record Manager".
To do this:
1) Go to the Lookup menu on the top toolbar.
2) Then select "Other Fields"
3) A "Lookup Contacts" box will popup.
4) In the first dropdown menu, select "Record Manager"
5) In the middle dropdown menu select "Equal to (=)"
6) Then type your user name in the right box.
7) Hit ok and then you will see all contacts that you are the record manager of.
Hope this helps