Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act Scheduler Error, Retreiving the com class factory .....Act 2013 prem for web

Tuned Listener

Sage Act Scheduler Error, Retreiving the com class factory .....Act 2013 prem for web

I get this error when I try to run the scheduler from the tools menu.

No idea what this is, nor how to fix. Did a reboot, did a database check, though this isn't db related.

Full message:

Sage Act Scheduler Error, Retreiving the com class factory  for component with CLSID  {....} failed due to the following error, 80040154, Class not registered, Exception from HRESULT x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)

Any ideas appreciated. Running on Win7.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Sage Act Scheduler Error, Retreiving the com class factory .....Act 2013 prem for web

Try opening ACT! by right mouse clicking on the ACT! Icon and then run as administrator, see if this then works, if not you may need to un-install and re-install ACT! as it looks as though a DLL hasn't been registered correctly. I would  use the run as Administrator functionality when riinstalling ACT! as well.

Tuned Listener

Re: Sage Act Scheduler Error, Retreiving the com class factory .....Act 2013 prem for web

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried this, no go.

This is the copy that is the server, IIS etc is all setup.

Can I just do an unistall and re install, leave the database alone, and just resetup the internet stuff, or is there something more I need to be doing? appreciate your help.

Nickel Contributor

The un-install will not delete the database but will remove the IIS information so once installed again you will need to add the database via the Web Site Administration menu.