Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Act Premium Network sync

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sage Act Premium Network sync

Can some please help me I am trying to setup Sage Network Sync with a server and two desktops in our own LAN. One of the computers I got added with no problems to the network sync. The other remote computer I am having difficulty. The server has all the user logins added, each user has logged into the server at least once. I have followed the instrcutions laid on from the below website:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21832

When I try to restore the database, "Unpack and restore remote database" I get the error, "Failed to restore remote database, the SQL Database is not started". I checked for the "MSSQL$ACT7" and I cannot start the service. When I try it states, "Windows could not start the SQL Server (ACT 7) on the local computer. For more information, review the system event log. Review the specified error, 1814. I looked up Event Viewer and seen event ID: 17207 the below error:

FileMgr:Smiley FrustratedtartLogFiles: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'e:\sql10_main_t.obj.x86fre\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\modellog.ldf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I find this error odd because SQL Server 2008 is installed on the C:\ drive. I have tried rebooting the client computer, disabling the anti-virus temporarily, re-installed everything including SQL Express. I have tried looking up the error from event logs and I cannot find any good solution. Other e-mail forums have stated the error is due to SQL installing incorrectly. That is why I tried a fresh install. Please help me I do not know what else to do.

Thanks for any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author david989
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Sage Act Premium Network sync

I want to let all know what Greg suggested I try did work. I followed all instructions to log in as local administrator, remove all remnants of the old SQL and ACT program. Rebooted. Started up in selective startup mode and installed SQL. The service is working. Re-installed ACT and the program launched.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello David989,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You've certainly isolated it to an issue with SQL; I would suggest the following:

- uninstall all SQL components (Add/Remove programs)

- In 'C:\program files', rename 'Microsoft SQL Server' to 'Microsoft SQL Server Old'

- In registry: under Current User and Local Machine > Software\Microsoft > remove entries that start with 'Microsoft SQL', 'MSSQL', and 'SQL'.

Note: Be sure to backup the registry before making any changes (File > Export).

- If there is an SQL folder on the 'e' drive, I would rename it also.

Reboot the computer, then install SQL and ACT7 manually using this article: KB Article 26994

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me, I will try what you have suggested and let you know if it works.

Thanks again

Copper Contributor

I did everything suggested, I deleted any traces of SQL from Add and Remove Programs, renamed SQL in Program Files, renamed any trace of SQL C:\ and E:\ drive. Re-installed SQL from the ACT CD manually and I received the exact same error.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks again

Very strange...

Since you are on a network I would try the following:

- Sign onto the workstation with a Windows local admin account.

- Attempt to start the service > do you get the same error?

If it won't start, I would recommend

- Uninstalling ACT! and SQL again (renaming/deleting the remnants of SQL)

- Reboot into Selective Startup and sign on with Windows local admin account

- Install SQL only

- Test starting the SQL service

- if it will start > install ACT!

- if it won't start > no need to install ACT! at this point > what errors from SQL?

If it did start, then sign onto workstation with the network username and see if the service will or will not start - it may be a conflict with the Windows user.

Post which version of ACT! you are installing and I will provide you with a download link for the appropriate ACT! installation files (in case the disk or disk reader is damaged).

Selective Startup

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author david989
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I want to let all know what Greg suggested I try did work. I followed all instructions to log in as local administrator, remove all remnants of the old SQL and ACT program. Rebooted. Started up in selective startup mode and installed SQL. The service is working. Re-installed ACT and the program launched.

Thanks for the update. Very glad to hear it is resolved!
Greg Martin
Sage